Thursday, December 28, 2023

Island Time | Oahu

Everyone should be sent to Hawaii on business at least once. In 2019, I was sent twice.

During the first visit, I set an alarm and intentionally woke up at 4:00 a.m. one morning. This is what downtown Honolulu looks like at 4:00 a.m.


The reason for the early start? - to drive across the island to Kailua Beach Park on the eastern shore and catch the sun rising over the Pacific. I arrived in time and was not disappointed:





the inland view:


After watching the sunrise, I drove up the Kamehameha Highway - mountains to the left of me, ocean to the right. Along the way, I stopped at Kualoa Beach,



the tide pools at Shark's Cove in Pupukea,


the north shore to watch the surfers, and then Lā'ie Point,



before turning south and heading back to Waikiki.


Mrs. L. did not want to endure the long flights for the relatively sort stays and decided not to participate. I didn't want her to feel left out, so I brought her these T-Shirts:

Thanks for stopping by.
- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment